Some Questions Atheist Cannot Truly and Honestly REALLY Answer! Which leads to some interesting conclusions…
and am not sure how they could know we couldn’t answer them. I will go ahead and answer them.
1. How Did You Become an Atheist?
One day I woke up and found I was too intelligent to continue believing in fairies [short version]
Long version is I started to read the bible, met arch and the rest is a long story.
2. What happens when we die?
As far as I can tell, we die. But I will say more about this when am dead.
3. What if you’re wrong? And there is a Heaven? And there is a HELL!
I hope that the god in charge of that Hell is not a tyrant of god like the Abrahamic god.
4. Without God, where do you get your morality from?
Have you read Euthyphro?
5. If there is no God, can we do what we want? Are we free to murder and rape? While good deeds are unrewarded?
If there is god everything is permitted. If there is no go, it is all up to us. Last I checked, god orders rape, condones slavery, commits genocide. As someone said, and I paraphrase
I cannot let a being who drowned his children train me how to raise mine.
6. If there is no god, how does your life have any meaning?
Must life have meaning to be lived? Is it not enough to be alive?
Well, once I used to think there was some cosmic meaning to all this, then, I realized it was all up to me. Meaning in life has to come from me. It can’t be given.
7. Where did the universe come from?
I don’t know.
8. What about miracles? What all the people who claim to have a connection with Jesus? What about those who claim to have seen saints or angels?
I will be waiting for a definition of miracles.
The key word in the next part of the question is claim.
9. What’s your view of Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris?
How is this important?
10. If there is no God, then why does every society have a religion?
This is really a very silly question.