1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?
Depends on what it is.
2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
I will think about it, there are many things I would like to see changed.
3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?
Very little extent if any
4. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?
We had an interesting discussion here about it.
5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?
Who decides the right way to do a thing? Depends on what is to be done too I guess.
6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?
How do I know the infant is interested in my advice?
7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
I have met some insane fellows who think the rest of us are insane. I think the answer depends on who is drawing the line
8. What is true happiness?
Is there false happiness?
9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
Let me think about it.
10. What makes you, you?
I don’t know.
11. What is the truth?
No one knows the answer.
12. What is reality?
That which is
13. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?
This reads like a trick question
14. What makes a good friend?
An honest friend who will lie to you on occasion to not hurt your feelings 😉
15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?
I have no fear of losing things I don’t have. It would be irrational.
16. Who defines good and evil?
Mostly the priest or Imam.
17. What is the difference between living and being alive?
It would be a contradiction of terms to be alive and not living.
18. Is a “wrong” act okay if nobody ever knows about it?
19. Who decides what morality is?
Again, I think it is the priest, the imam or the strongest in the group.
20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other people’s experience of consciousness?
I have no way of knowing.
21. What is true strength?
Is there false strength?
22. What is true love? (My experience of what I believed was “true” love)
I find all this questions of what is true difficult to answer. We are yet to agree on what is truth. Whatever love is, I don’t know if there is a false one
23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world?
Why would it not be?
24. What role does honor play in today’s society?
The same it has played in all human societies where talk of honour has been a feature.
25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?
You need money, if anyone tells you you don’t need it, they are probably lying to you.
26. How do you know your perceptions are real?
I can only know they are false after repeated observations or corroboration by others.
27. How much control do you have over your life?
In as much as I wouldn’t want to admit it, many things happen to me that I have nothing I can do about them.
28. What is freedom?
To live as one wishes to do
29. Isn’t one person’s terrorist another person’s freedom fighter?
Who decides who the terrorist is? The colonial government labelled the freedom fighters terrorists while they raped lands, killed men and women, for what?
30. What happens after we die?
Life goes on without us.
31. What defines you?
Depends on who is watching
32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?
I can’t talk about others, for me, it is knowledge for its own sake.