1. Why are you an atheist?
I left the religion I was brought up in
2. Have you ever believed in a Higher Power?
Yes, I was brought up religious
3. If so, Did something traumatic happen to make you stop believing?
Not traumatic. I saw the light
4. If not, why did you stop believing
5. What do you think happens to us when we die?
If we are cremated, we become dust. If buried, decompose if lost at sea, food for fish
6. Without believing in a Higher Power, where do you think we get our morals from?
I don’t think even the believer gets their morals from their beliefs. They only think they do.
7. Where do you think the universe came from?
Good question, but loaded. It assumes the universe must have come from somewhere. You have no reason to assume this.
8. What’s your views on Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchens?
Hitchens is dead and the two are still living.
9. Do you consider yourself a weak atheist or a strong atheist?
10. How can you prove that God doesn’t exist?
You can’t either way. Proof is for mathematics.
11. Do you believe in miracles?
What are miracles?
12. Do you have a support group/system?
Yes, friends and relatives
13. Do you try to get others not to believe?
It is impossible to do that. A person believes as they are convicted.
14. Do others tend to view you differently when they discover you’re an atheist?
On occasion yes
15. Do people tend to try to convince you that your views are wrong?
A few times
16. How does your family view your beliefs? Are they supportive?
Live and let live is the family policy
17. What are your views on Madalyn O’Hair?
None. I have heard about her though