In my Monday morning tour of the webs, I hit upon this 10 new questions about atheism
1. How do atheists name their children, if most names have some sort of religious background?
I don’t know about your village, but in mine, we are named one, as to time of day we are born or if an important personage happens to pass through the village at the time of birth or a catastrophic event or after a dead grandfather. In fact, it is only with the coming of the missionaries that people started giving their children names with some religious connotations.
2. Is atheism a form of Satanism?
Yes, the brand that eats babies, christian babies especially.
3. Why has atheism become so popular in the 21st century?
As Percy B. Shelley wrote in his defense of atheism; ignorance brought us the gods, knowledge will ruin them (I paraphrase).
4. Why do atheists choose atheism?
We don’t chose. There are those lucky people born in families where the parents are atheists so it is a matter of course. Many others come to atheism after having been believers in woo and finally seeing the light.
5. Are atheists a threat to the United States?
I don’t think so. But in a certain way, yes. As one writer wrote many eons ago, the person of ideas is a threat to received authority.
6. How do atheists keep a positive outlook on life?
Mostly by eating bbq.
7. Why do some atheists insist that atheism is not a “group”?
Because it’s not.
8. Why do so many atheists fail to understand that belief doesn’t require proof?
On the contrary, we do understand this quite well. Believers have insisted they have proof. We are only asking them to provide this proof they have.
9. What is paramount for most atheists?
I wouldn’t know.
10. Is it difficult being an atheist?
Depends on where one lives and the people around you. Try being an atheist in Saudi Arabia and not be discreet about it and see how long before someone finds a reason to drag your ass to a court.