Made the following petition to the Tsar
- the right to vote;
- freedom of speech, the press, and association;
- freedom of conscience;
- separation of Church and state;
- equality before the law;
- freedom to form trade unions;
- the right to strike;
- an eight-hour working day;
- insurance benefits; and improved wages.
- They also demanded an end to the Russo-Japanese War, especially after Russia’s humiliating defeat at the hands of the Japanese in 1904
These demands were made by socialists and workers
Something interesting in all radical and revolutionary work is the belief in the working classes to radically transform society for the greater benefit of everyone.