That the biographers of Jesus tell us he made. That those who believed in him should not worry about food, clothing or drink that these would be attended to by great providence. Imagine what men and women would do with the time freed from mundane Labour. That they needn’t worry about housing.
It does seem to me, that every where we look, all christ cultists are busy looking for these necessities just like the rest of us. And if there are any who are not doing useful work, they know there are others who are doing the useful work for them.
Or maybe I misunderstood the promise and it is meant for a future life, at which time they wouldn’t need food or shelter.
This author argues it is because she wants us to choose to love her and to protect our freewill. This argument doesn’t hold unless the proponent can show that in the many narratives involving god showing up for bbq, that the people she interacted with had no freewill. If Adam and Eve had god immediately in their presence and still had room to eat the fruit, which among other things, god needed not have told them about its existence, then the argument about fear is moot. It doesn’t hold any water.
Christians, some of them, insist Jesus is God. If this is true, then what do we say about the disciples? Was it their fear of hell that kept them with Jesus? Didn’t god know this? The same Christians, who believe in trinity, tells us the spirit is god and it is with us. How is this then squared with the claim god doesn’t show herself because if that happened we wouldn’t love her?
I say we can’t see god the same way we can’t see Santa. God(s) so far as I can tell have no existence out of the human mind. This, to me, is the most likely answer. What gods are is unknown to us. What they look like is unknown to us. Besides, we have apologists tell us god is spirit, is without form and all that makes it way impossible for us to see such a being given we lack the necessary apparatus to see spirits.
It is absurd to suggest that a being desirous of having a relationship with you would seek to do this by hiding. What relationship is that even? A delusion?
For those interested in further reading, In defense of William Rowe’s Evidential argument from evil by Nick Trakakis, makes for good reading on the different arguments that apologists have advanced to defend divine hiddenness.
Yudhistara is taken to paradise first by Vyasa where he finds his friends and family missing. He demands to see them. They descend to a place with putrid smell and all. Then Bhima, Karna, Draupadi, Arjuna all tell him they are down there. His next words should be hang in all churches and mosques: I will stay here with my family.
Vyasa then tells him that was the final illusion; there is no paradise no hell. No words. No friends. No enemies. Just silence.
As long as one man is in hell, heaven should not be occupied. That is, if there is a heaven.
Don’t worry, be happy. Once you die, it is all silence. But don’t take my word for it. Die and find out.
for information and today we have other news for you. many of you have been wondering why 2000 years later, Jesus has not yet to come back while scripture says he was due 1900 years give or take 40 years. the answer has been here all along, to repeat the song don’t cry for me Argentina
And the reason is lack of fare. If you can’t take my word for it, I am sure those of you of evangelical bend will most definitely believe this pastor who says
I honestly believe this — the reason why Jesus hasn’t come is because people are not giving the way God told them to give
So please, start donating in millions. We want to be done with this Jesus transportation problem asap.
Unless you are a Mormon or former member of CLDS, you wouldn’t know who Phil Davies, Snuffer, Young or Joseph Smith are. So for a quick history lesson, Joseph Smith is the founder, Young took over after Smith’s death and Snuffer and Davies are among the many leaders of breakaway churches. What is interesting in these schisms can be found in this article and how they tie up to QAnon conspiracy. I think we can say America is the gift that keeps on giving. There is never a dull day from the Uneducated States of America where there is separation of church and state and a National prayer day designated by Congress.
I know you know all this and more, but I thought you might need to know that we don’t know whether the Jesus of the bible walked this earth.
So for your Monday reading, why not this
If you have been in the pursuit of holiness and found yourself restricted by many rules or conditions, we have good news for you. And this news comes to you from St. Paul’s ambassador or the guy with the direct link to Peter, pope Francis.
Redemption, for those seeking it, comes from god. And to receive it, you need faith in the gospel message. And in case you are Jewish and still confused, the Pope ain’t making this up. He says pick your battles with St. Paul, not him.
Now you have got the message, you cannot claim ignorance when you find yourself in hell. I told you already.
And before you come crucifying (no pun intended) me pick it up with the pope.
Maybe the pope was misquoted [(is he a politician?) since that’s the line our politicians use even when quoted verbatim] when he said
The Law, however, does not give life, it does not offer the fulfillment of the promise because it is not capable of being able to fulfill it. The Law is a journey, a journey that leads toward an encounter… Those who seek life need to look to the promise and to its fulfillment in ChristPopeye
We are hoping to hear the pope’s response soon after he consults with Peter. Stay tuned brothers and sisters not in the law 🙂
Who ends up in Hell?
Many fundamentalist ‘Christians’ maintain that Hell is reserved for people who are immoral. Helpfully, they are able to narrow this down into a few specific types of people:
- People who voted for Clinton, Obama, Biden, or any democratic president in history
- Liars (unless they are also elected Republicans)
- People who are violent
- People who question my constitutional right to bear arms under the second amendment
- People who question my right to invade other countries so that we can find and remove their weapons from them
- People who don’t live in the United States of America
- Catholics (according to protestants)
- Protestants (according to Catholics)
- Critics of Israel
- People who believe that a vaccine is more effective than prayer
- People who believe in evolution
- People who believe the earth is more than six thousand years old
- Christians who don’t take the Bible literally
- People who disagree with my interpretation of an ancient Jewish manuscript written in a completely different time, culture, and context to my own
- Christians who don’t own and read the King James Version of the Bible
- Christians who go to a different church than me
- Christians who believe in free will
- People who have not asked Jesus into their heart of their own free will
- People who have never heard about Jesus
- People who believe that people who have never heard about Jesus will end up in heaven
- People who don’t believe in Hell
- People who dance
- People who engage in pre-marital hand-holding
- Women who speak in church
- Women who wear pants
- Women who cause men to sin by wearing dresses that are too short
- Men who wear dresses
- Women who think they are men
- Men who think they are women
- Women who support men who think they are women
- Men who support women who think are men
- Men who like men
- Women who like women
- Men and women who affirm and support men who like men and women who like women
- Adulterers (unless they are men)
- Rapists (unless the rapist and their victim are married)
- People who like rock music
- People with tattoos
- People who have read any of the Harry Potter books
- People who watch horror movies
- People who enjoy life
- Fortune tellers (unless you call it a prophetic word from the Lord)]
- People who gossip (unless it’s to collect prayer requests)
- People who are greedy
- People who are absurdly rich (unless they are a televangelist)
- People who walk away from the evangelical church after three and a half decades
- Dead people
- People who see dead people
Hey, it’s because I love you that I am warning you that you’re going to end up in Hell if you don’t repent and start believing exactly the same things I do. In fact, you’re pretty darn lucky that I am so enlightened and can show you the error of your ways.
Don’t you feel better now that you’ve heard the ‘Good News’ of the Gospel?
I sure do!
In fact, I’m sure glad that I have faithfully administered my Christian duty by warning you about Hell.
I am one of those people who, whenever I can, read anything interesting that comes my way especially when I am relaxing after a long evening run, where long is anything more than 5km.
There has been a bit of pushback since popeye Francis released an encyclical that prohibits saying the Latin Mass unless with authority of the bishop. And some people feel that without that rite, their being catholic is very watered down or something close to that.
The author of this article says exactly that. For example, he writes
For Catholics, how we pray shapes what we believe. The old ritual physically aims us toward an altar and tabernacle. In that way it points us to the cross and to heaven as the ultimate horizon of man’s existence. By doing so, it shows that God graciously loves us and redeems us despite our sins. And the proof is in the culture this ritual produces. Think of Mozart’s great rendition of faith in the Eucharist: “Ave Verum Corpus” (Hail True Body).Michael Brendan Dougherty
In opposition to this, he writes, the new mass
The new ritual points us toward a bare table, and it consistently posits the unity of humankind as the ultimate horizon of our existence. In the new Mass, God owes man salvation, because of the innate dignity of humanity. Where there was faith, now presumption. Where there was love, now mere affirmation, which is indistinguishable from indifference. It inspires weightless ditties like “Gather Us In.” Let’s sing about us!M B Dougherty
And maybe it is time for a new schism. You know like how it happened in the beginning.
NB. That article maybe behind a paywall.