But as for me, I can’t wait for trump to launch his social media platform- truth social- where only truth shall be broadcast. There will be no fake news. There will be nothing about the election or even the audit that recently yielded no results. We will finally speak truth to power to the likes of Dorsey, Zuckerberg and whoever else doesn’t agree with us.
The link to the questions is here. I don’t think the questions are new but I will treat them as such.
- What is your religious background? Did you grow up in a religious home?
Catholic. Yes. In Kenya every stone you throw is likely to land on a religious person. And in some places, it may land on a church/mosque or an open crusade.
- Was there a time when you were open to Christianity or another religion?
Yes, the whole time I was religious.
- Did you have an unfavourable experience with Christians or people of another religion that turned you off?
Not that I recall. I just became clever. That’s all.
- Which religion do you take most offense to and why?
Christianity. Convinced my forefathers that what they were doing was the wrong way and left them confused.
- What is your primary objection to the Christian faith?
- Have you ever had a supernatural experience?
Not supernatural but I was once so high I thought my bed was floating at an angle.
- If there is no afterlife and we cease to exist after death, do you believe your life has purpose and meaning beyond the survival of the human species? In what way?
Before we were born, we didn’t exist and it wasn’t a bother, same with death. Life becomes more meaningful when you realize that all the shit you need to do can only be done here and now. Does it mean those who don’t have children or who have died sooner have not led meaningful lives because without an afterlife, it is all about the survival of the species?
- How would you describe your worldview?
- Do you believe in right and wrong? What determines the ethics you live by?
I prefer right and left. I prefer to do the things my non existent cat approves of.
- Do you consider yourself a good person? Why or why not?
Sometimes. Especially when I make a bbq of Methodist babies.
the devil is on the loose
Now that you know this, can someone go and address poverty, disease, racism, hunger, ignorance.
First on conscience
If I had the remaking of man, he wouldn’t have any conscience. It is one of the most disagreeable things connected with a person, and although it certainly does a great deal of good, it cannot be said to pay, in the long run; it would be much better to have less good and more comfort.
On how we are generally alike
If you were to strip the nation naked and send a stranger through the crowd, he couldn’t tell the king from a quack doctor nor a duke from a hotel clerk
Mark Twain wrote, in one of his many books, that
There are many humorous things in the world; among them, the white man’s notion that he is less savage than the other savages
and Trevor Noah has written
if you are a Native American and pray to the wolves, you are a savage, if you are African and you pray to your ancestors, you are primitive but if when white people pray to a guy who turns water into wine, well, that’s just common sense.
And that fellow, Veracious Poet, who I disagree with most of the time, did ask
am I the only one who thinks it’s funny that a Jew died for the love of Africans?
you know who you are. I understand your frustrations sometimes, I really do and this is one of the times I really feel you my friends.
|THIS PROPOSITION IS NOT TRUE.
IS IT TRUE OR NOT?
|Suppose it true.||Suppose it not true.|
|The proposition is true;||It is not true;|
|But, that it is not true is the proposition:||[Ergo,] It is true that it is not true.|
|[Ergo,] That it is not true is true;||But, the proposition is that it is not true.|
|[Ergo,] It is not true.||[Ergo,] The proposition is true.|
|It is true.||The proposition is not true.|
|[Ergo,] It is true that it is true;||But that it is not true is the proposition.|
|[Ergo,] It is not true that it is not true;||[Ergo,] That it is not true, is not true;|
|But, the proposition is that it is not true,||[Ergo,] That it is true, is true;|
|[Ergo,] The proposition is not true.||[Ergo,] It is true.|
|[Ergo,] Whether it is true or not, it is both true and not.
[Ergo,] It is both true and not,
which is absurd.
I liked this and am sure you too, will.
a lot this last few days. You see I have been between being idle and busy and several questions crossed my mind. Yes, I know atheism can’t answer them but that is the least of my worries as many of you of already know.
I would love your contributions in answering this questions and you are free to add your puzzles as well
1. who decided that a horse should be a horse and not a donkey
2. how did the first heterosexual organisms know how to have sex?
3. the first people who began to communicate, how did they develop language? do you think it is adults or infants who are responsible for the development of language
4. who decided what animals are edible and which are not
5. how tribes/ countries named