in this post, i want to bore with some of the lessons i have learnt in my few years of active training and hope that you don’t repeat the same mistakes if you are going to get into exercise
- Sit ups, if overdone can lead to muscle tear in the stomach and this can manifest in so many different ways. You might think you have a stomach bug. If you are going to exercise any part of your body, start slow
- Every time you run a hard race, take time off pounding concrete. Your muscles need a break.
- whatever you do, don’t get a groin injury
- cycling is a good way to recover from intense activity
- include stretches as part of your work out schedule. especially after a strenuous run
- water is your friend
- carry a pressure pump, puncture kit and or a spare clincher for long rides, you don’t know where a puncture will find you
- listen to your body. if in pain stop. if sore, continue working out, but gently
- most of the time, the weather is not bad for a work out, we are just not appropriately dressed for the weather
- good nutrition is your other best friend
- finally, sleep is your best of friends. it can be the one determinant between a successful workout and a ruined run
- and final final, rest and recovery doesn’t necessarily mean being a couch potato.
Get up and run. Have a fun filled day everyone.